Scotty, Marie & Parker

Scotty, Marie & Parker

June 17, 2008

Parker's EEG

This actually happenned back in May . . . Parker was having these episodes where his whole body got stiff and he would stop breathing for a few seconds (see video). The doctor wasn't sure what it was so he had him get an EEG - he was only one month old! Luckily they have the mom or dad hold the infant when they do an infant EEG so I got to hold him. We had to keep him awake for 3 hours before the test to make sure he was very sleepy when the test was being done (not easy since he is usually only awake for about 1.5 hrs at a time, but Scotty had the perfect touch). The EEG showed that he had no abnormalities in his brain functioning so the doctors concluded that it was an involuntary reaction to the moro reflex, and since he wasn't holding his breath long enough to be a problem, then there was nothing to worry about. I had wanted to take my camera to get a pic of Parker with the wires attached all over his head but I thought it might not be appropriate in the test setting (and I knew Scotty would not approve!) . . . but it looked pretty crazy! Parker was so patient through the whole thing - he is such a special boy!!

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

Im so sorry that parker was hurting... that makes me so sad...im glad hes ok...love you!
Rebekah

Shelley said...

It is so hard to see someone so small hooked up to wires and such. I'm glad everything turned out okay.

Lizzy said...

I can't believe I didn't even know this happened! I'm so glad that he's ok though . . . that sweet little guy.